LLANO, Texas (KXAN) -- A man who police say was burglarizing a business in the Llano town square was shot and killed overnight.
Llano police say officers responded to 109 W. Main Street around 12:50 a.m. Thursday in reference to a burglary in progress. When they arrived, officers found 29-year-old Robert Sutton, of Llano, lying on the ground with a single gunshot wound. Sutton was taken to the hospital where he died.
A second suspect identified as Jonathan Tuma, 19, of Tow, was taken into custody and charged with burglary of a habitation. Authorities are not releasing any information as to who might have shot Sutton.
The Texas Rangers are assisting the Llano Police Department with the investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Day 2 of Abbott's roundtable to focus on gun regulations, mental health
- Boy recovering after ATV crash and rattlesnake bite
- Field of candidates for Rep. Lamar Smith's seat narrowed down
- 8-year-old girl almost abducted in Williamson County