AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Drivers along Interstate 35 from Austin to San Marcos will notice a large presence of first responders Tuesday afternoon as they move fallen Officer Kenneth Copeland's body from the morgue to the funeral home.
The city of San Marcos says Copeland's body will be escorted from the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office in downtown Austin to Thomason Funeral Home, located at 2001 Old Ranch Road 12 in San Marcos, Tuesday afternoon.
The escort will leave Austin at approximately 3:30 p.m. and travel southbound on I-35 to Wonder World Drive, then on to RR 12.
Law enforcement agencies and fire departments from the area will contribute vehicles to the honor guard and drape banners and flags from overpasses along the route.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Latest: Zuckerberg apologizes for privacy scandal
- Bucks' Antetokounmpo leaves game with ankle sprain
- Serial bomber made a 25-minute confession tape
- Latest: Experts: Video shows Uber system had time to brake