SAN MARCOS, Texas (KXAN) - The Texas State University police chief suddenly resigned Tuesday afternoon. According to the university, it has already appointed Captain Rickey Lattie as the interim director of the Texas State University Police Department.
The university has not released why former police chief Jose Banales resigned or if it was expected.
According to a spokesperson with the university, a national search for the new director of police will begin immediately.
This is a developing story. KXAN will update as we learn more details.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Day 2 of Abbott's roundtable to focus on gun regulations, mental health
- Boy recovering after ATV crash and rattlesnake bite
- Field of candidates for Rep. Lamar Smith's seat narrowed down
- 8-year-old girl almost abducted in Williamson County