BUDA, Texas (KXAN) -- A live bat found next to the doorbell of the educational building at Santa Cruz Catholic Church in Buda has tested positive for rabies.
City officials say the live bat was found around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the church, located at 1100 N. Main St. If you think you or someone you know may have come into contact with the bat, please call the City of Buda Animal Control at 512-313-1001.
You can also call the Hays County Health Department at 512-393-5525 or the Department of State Health Services Zoonosis Control at 254-778-6744.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- GOP senators float idea of resolution backing Mueller's role
- Toronto van attack throws spotlight on anti-woman vitriol
- Without Trump nomination, judges vote to keep US attorney
- Tennessee Waffle House reopens 3 days after fatal shootings