SAN MARCOS, Texas (KXAN) – Police in San Marcos said they are investigating the death of a man found slumped over at a gas station Saturday afternoon.
Police said the man, identified as 50-year-old Nawin Risal, was discovered unresponsive around 4:30 p.m. at the Texaco gas station at the intersection of Lime Kiln Road and Post Road. A passerby saw him and called 911.
San Marcos police say Risal, who was originally from Nepal, was living in Austin prior to coming to San Marcos and authorities believe he had been homeless since the end of 2016.
There were no signs of traumatic injury or any indications of violence, police said. The cause of death is being investigated and will be determined by the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Oodles of options attract crowd to ATX Food Truck Festival
- Man found dead in Llano River near "The Slab" in Kingsland
- Man missing after 3 try to rescue woman struggling in Lake Travis
- Ozone Action Day on Memorial Day