SAN MARCOS, Texas (KXAN) -- A suspicious package delivered to Goodnight Middle School in San Marcos led to a response from the bomb squad Monday evening. Officials said after scanning the package they determined the contents were not harmful.
As a safety precaution, San Marcos CISD evacuated all students from campus and canceled evening activities.
The Austin Police Department bomb squad was called to the school, located at 1301 State Highway 123, a few blocks south of Interstate 35.
The school district said all students were safe and asked parents to pick up their children at Bonham Pre-K at 1225 SH 123.
The city of San Marcos says the requests for the evacuation and bomb squad response came from the San Marcos police and fire departments.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Facebook's Zuckerberg comes under fire from UK, US lawmakers
- Russia votes as Vladimir Putin eyes 4th presidential term
- Woods makes a brief run at Bay Hill until a big miss
- Bridge collapse: Out on errands, killed in an instant