AUSTIN (KXAN) - Austin firefighters are working to put out a house fire in south Austin on Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the two-story home in the 300 block of Skyloop Drive just before 5:30 p.m. When they arrived, fire could be seen coming from the back of the home and the attic.
Two dogs were rescued from the home and taken to an emergency veterinarian hospital for treatment. One person was home at the time but he got out safely.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within 25 minutes but the home did suffer extensive damage.
Authorities believe an improperly discarded cigarette in the back of the home might have caused the fire.
After three months of sitting in the middle of Lady Bird Lake, the art installation known as the "Thirst Tree" is being taken down.
This Round Rock home has a holiday twist with an intense light display synced to the popular "Ylvis" song about the fox, only this time "The Grinch" is up to his old antics -- stealing the show and a couple of smiles here and there.
You've seen the light displays everywhere at this point, and this one comes from a home very familiar to being a bright night light.
Some parents have raised concerns that a lockdown drill at an Austin school surprised and unnecessarily scared children and teachers.
The Austin-Travis County 911 call system returned to normal operations Monday after experiencing a disruption for several hours.
Austin drivers may soon face a two and half hour drive to from downtown to Round Rock, at least according to some experts.