KXAN Staff - AUSTIN (KXAN) -- As the threat of a wet weekend looms, new Longhorns and their parents made a mad dash to get Mooov-In Friday.
The University of Texas at Austin will have 7,400 new students from 40 states this school year. The campus tradition is a big event to welcome the students to the 14 on-campus residence halls.
Approximately 77 percent of the residents living on campus will be freshmen.
Due to the weather, centralized check in for Mooov-In on Saturday, Aug. 26 will no longer be at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. Students and their families should now check in at the following locations for their residence hall.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 30 treated for gas exposure as Indonesia volcano belches
- Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he was smart, kind
- Can Zuckerberg's media blitz take the pressure off Facebook?
- Global tourism predicted to slow after best year ever