AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A 14 year old charged with murder escaped custody Monday afternoon while being taken to a medical appointment near Dell Children's Medical Center.
Austin Police say the incident happened at 12:08 p.m at a Seton medical office building. He was found in the area by police and released to the Office of the Inspector General at 1:21 p.m.
He was taken from the department's facility located in Mart, Texas, near Waco, to Austin for an appointment concerning a preexisting condition. The teenager was escorted by two juvenile corrections officers when he escaped, according to the Juvenile Justice Department. He was as on the loose for more than an hour.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man found dead in parked California van had criminal history
- West Virginia and Marshall forced back together in NCAAs
- Butler-Purdue, Marshall-West Virginia duels on tap in East
- Polish church leader criticizes priest wishing Francis death