AUSTIN (KXAN) - It's not all music and parties at SXSW. A couple of organizations are coming together for a STEM panel at the festival. They hope the panel will help young people to reach their fullest potential both personally and professionally.
Donica Williams with the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas, Jason Mayden and Brian Fontenont of the BLF Foundation spoke with KXAN's Gigi Barnett on what they are doing to teach young people about entrepreneurship, and innovation through the Create + Innovate panel.
The event will also be a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club, and the BLF Foundation.
The panel will take place at the Thomson Conference Center at UT Austin from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and it is free to attend.
City moves to protect homeowners from...
Austin's homeless population rising in 2
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- City moves to protect homeowners from predatory home flipping
- No, Johnny, no: Browns sure top pick Mayfield is no Manziel
- Korean summit starts with a handshake, after year of tension
- Explosive device in package found with note outside Beaumont Starbucks