LAKE TRAVIS, Texas (KXAN) - Divers from the Austin Police Department are joining the search for a man who went missing in Lake Travis Saturday.
The search for the man in his 50s has shifted from rescue to recovery at this point. Attempts to find him on Saturday and Sunday were not successful. Witnesses say the swimmer was seen going under water but never resurfaced Saturday afternoon.
On Monday morning Travis County Sheriff's Office lake patrol deputies searched the shoreline and are using sonar to try to find him. Officials will also launch a small, submarine-like Remote Operated Vehicle with a camera attachment.
APD's dive team took over from TCSO's team Monday in order to search extreme depths.
"We are grateful for the collaborative relationships we have with our fellow first responders and sincerely appreciate their assistance," TCSO wrote in a release.
Have a comment? Leave it in the post below:
KXAN Partners with American Heart...
Man stabbed multiple times in east...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Deadly crash closes US 281 in Blanco County
- As Austin sees slowest growth in years, Pflugerville rises up
- Local bakeries try to change conversation on mental health
- $110 million set to flow to Waller Creek project