KXAN Staff - AUSTIN (KXAN) -- It's the season of giving, and on Saturday more than 30 families got a little special help.
Holiday gifts were delivered to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas as they hosted their annual Santa's Workshop to help brighten the season for children and their families confronting medical issues this time of year.
Families say the extra help while loved ones are in the hospital really goes a long way.
"You never know when you might need it, so its good to give back and give to others -- pay it forward a little bit," said Brian Tarabea. "Volunteer time, volunteer some gifts, just to help some of those in need."
"Even the little things -- a box of crayons, or some lotion, toothpaste, even shampoo -- smallest things are a huge help," said Courtney Tarabea.
Kids and families got to pick from gifts that included books, stuffed animals and toys.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Roberta Flack cuts short her appearance at Apollo Theater
- Hamburger SV keeps alive survival hopes in Bundesliga
- French nun known as allied troops 'White Angel' dies at 103
- Red Cross says shooting in Yemen kills staffer