AUSTIN (KXAN) - Crews have returned to Lake Travis Sunday morning to resume the search for a missing swimmer.
Travis County Sheriff's Office said around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, a family member called to report that the swimmer, a man in his 50s was seen going under water but never resurfaced.
Multiple agencies descended on the area near Tom Huges Park and searched for nearly two hours. The operation was then switched from rescue mode to recovery mode. The search was adjourned that evening due to darkness, TCSO says.
The department says a team of divers will meet at 9 a.m. Sunday to plan target locations and begin their search.
TCSO currently has two boats in the water doing grid and sonar searches in the area where the man was last seen.
KXAN Partners with American Heart...
Man stabbed multiple times in east...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Deadly crash closes US 281 in Blanco County
- As Austin sees slowest growth in years, Pflugerville rises up
- Local bakeries try to change conversation on mental health
- $110 million set to flow to Waller Creek project