AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Police are searching for a driver who hit and killed a woman in a parking lot along Interstate 35 in central Austin Wednesday morning.
Austin police say the crash happened around 1:30 a.m. in the parking lot of the Capital Plaza shopping center inbetween the McDonald's and Walgreens. Police say the situation started as a verbal disturbance and escalated into a deadly hit-and-run. Austin-Travis County EMS said the woman, who is in her 40s, was taken to the hospital where she died.
Police have not released information on the type of vehicle involved in the crash.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Watchdog blasts Denver sheriff's response to inmate's death
- Claire's, the ear-piercing mall chain, files for bankruptcy
- Videos show an assured Assad driving himself to Syria battle
- Federal judges reject lawsuit over Pennsylvania district map