AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Patients at St. David's Rehabilitation Hospital had a furry surprise when a parade of holiday therapy dogs stopped by.
The dogs spread smiles, cheer and some licks.
"This is our first special event, but we have many regularly scheduled visits at hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers all around Austin and Central Texas," said Max Woodfin, Executive Director of Divine Canines.
Since 2004, the organization has trained dogs and volunteers to brighten the days of people in need of a smile and some compassion.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Asian markets mixed following Wall Street gains
- Fire at Philippine hotel-casino out, death toll raised to 5
- Harden scores 34 as Rockets hold off Timberwolves 129-120
- Some wanted shooting suspect forcibly committed in 2016