AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Your drive along MoPac is expected to become a bit smoother north of Lady Bird Lake.
However, until the improvements are complete drivers should expect additional closures and delays during the holiday season. After overnight construction, the northbound lanes have reopened at the Enfield Road exit.
Crews are making a major lane change that is supposed to help with traffic flow. The two northbound lanes will no longer curve through the construction barriers. The lanes will straighten over the Express Lane underpass.
Work will also begin on adding a third northbound lane 10 days from now. Drivers are warned to avoid that area starting Friday, Dec. 2. There will be additional road and ramp closures. The exact details have not been released, but it is expected to cause some delays.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Star flops: Several NBA prospects already bounced from NCAAs
- Osaka beats Kasatkina 6-3, 6-2 to win Indian Wells title
- Russia votes as Vladimir Putin eyes 4th presidential term
- Bark Bracket: Retrievers become top dogs, boosted by UMBC