KXAN Staff - AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A North Austin amusement park that has delighted children for decades took its final ride on Friday.
The owners of Kiddie Acres Amusement Park & Miniature golf, located at 4800 Howard Lane, made the announcement on Facebook, saying they were retiring after 38 years.
The amusement park, which featured a merry-go-round, train, miniature golf, boats and pony rides, was a popular spot for children's birthday parties and other events.
According to the Kiddie Acres' website all equipment will be auctioned off by Jones Swenson Auctions. The items will be auctioned off via online bidding only starting on July 11, 2017. The auction closes on Aug. 8.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Illinois primary puts focus on security of state voter rolls
- APD to increase reward amount in bombing cases
- APNewsBreak: Some wanted Florida suspect committed in 2016
- Lawyers: Execution could be 'gruesome' due to rare condition