AUSTIN (KXAN) - A 26-year-old motorcyclist died last week after a driver in an SUV failed to yield while driving onto State Highway 71 in southwest Austin, police say.
The crash happened on Thursday, April 12 at 5:39 p.m. on SH 71 near Silvermine Drive. Austin police say Ethan Childress was on his motorcycle traveling westbound when he collided with a Toyota Rav4.
Police say the driver of the Rav4 failed to yield while attempting to turn left out of a private drive.
Childress was taken to the hospital where he died a short time later.
Anyone with information about the crash should contact the APD Vehicular Homicide Unit Detectives at (512) 974-8544.
Austin's homeless population rising in 2
Robert E. Lee Road in Austin renamed aft
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Korean summit starts with a handshake, after year of tension
- Explosive device in package found with note outside Beaumont Starbucks
- 5 years before massacre, gunman promised not to hurt anyone
- Pizza Hut Museum opens on Wichita State University campus