MANOR, Texas (KXAN) - Investigators with the Travis County Fire Marshall's Office have ruled a Dec. 27 fire in Manor, sparked after a gas explosion, as accidental.
In evidence gathered at the scene and in interviews by investigators the source was found to be a gas riser that feeds directly into the home. The Fire Marshall's Office says it was damaged by the resident of the home, leading to a buildup of gas in the home's laundry room.
A resident in the home, located at 11504 Briarcreek Loop called Texas Community Propane to report the smell of gas.
Workers were dispatched and while inspecting the exterior gas riser to the house an explosion occurred.
Collected gas in the laundry room exploded, damaging the riser where gas company employees were working.
Texas Community Propane says there is no danger to any other residents in the area. The gas service does however recommend you use a licensed gas installation expert to install gas lines within their homes and buildings.
The Fire Marshal's Office does not anticipate filing any charges regarding this gas explosion.
A local road project more than two decades in the making won't save drivers as much time as many had hoped.
The University of Texas Board of Regents adjourned Thursday without taking action on the job status of embattled UT President Bill Powers.
Longhorns coach Mack Brown talked with reporters Thursday for the first time since reports surfaced this week that he could be stepping down.
Two men were arrested and a third was being sought by police for the shooting death of 47-year-old Russell Martens.
Parking arrangements are a bit different this year at Austin's Trail of Lights, but there are options to suit just about anybody.
After two hours of discussion regarding the final design for Auditorium Shores, the Austin City Council decided to approve the design on a vote of 7-0 with amendments.