AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Austin and Manchaca firefighters were working to put out a heavy fire in a two-story house in South Austin on Monday. A man in his 50s has critical burn injuries and was taken to the hospital by Austin-Travis County EMS.
First responders were called to the 10100 block of Slaughter Creek Dr. at 3:15 p.m., near the intersection of West Slaughter Lane and Manchaca Road.
The Austin Fire Department said around 3:55 p.m. the house fire is under control, but firefighters are still at the scene. The cause of the fire is currently unknown.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Nissan not changing autonomous drive tests over Uber crash
- Police release videos of fatal shooting of unarmed black man
- California storm forces flood rescues but spares Montecito
- China may hike tariffs on US pork, aluminum, other goods