AUSTIN (KXAN) - Ever dreamed of hitting the gas and taking your car around Austin's Formula 1 track. Well, here's your chance...if you're willing to pay up.
Circuit of the Americas is now offering an exclusive, private track experience that gives race fans the chance to drive the 3.4 mile, 20 turn, Grand Prix course.
A full-day private track experience is priced at $55,000. Individuals may join a group track experience for $2,500 per person.
The special access includes:
- Dedicated and personalized pit lane garages
- Use of Paddock Team Building Classroom
- Catered dining in the Paddock Club Lofts
- Tower observation deck champagne celebration
- Winner's Podium access
- Lap and segment timing
- Track and corner marshals, operations team, video monitoring, and concierge service provided
- Vehicle transport coordination
- Opportunity to drive personal vehicle on the Circuit of The Americas racetrack
Event package purchase information, available dates and other information can be found here .
Winter is invading Texas with a vengeance as snow, sleet and ice were unleashed on much of northern and western sections of the state.
Caldwell County residents gathered Thursday evening to organize their fight against a proposed landfill that they say poses a hazard that they don't need.
The pastor of the Austin church attended by the teacher who was killed Thursday in Benghazi remembered him as a spiritual friend dedicated to improving the lives of others.
In just a few months, Pflugerville will be home to a new water park. It's just the latest development as the community becomes a major suburb.
Global civil rights icon Nelson Mandela, whose legacy is ending South African apartheid, has died.
A man convicted 21 years ago for engaging in ritual child abuse was released Thursday after the DA's office agreed the only physical evidence against him was faulty.