AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Floodgates opened Friday night were expected to flood Lady Bird Lake into the surrounding hike and bike trails.
Austin police urged people to avoid the area. W. Cesar Chavez Street under N. Lamar was flooded Friday night.
A vehicle was stuck in water at Anderson Mill Road near Olson Drive, where police blocked the street off.
Crews were searching for a stranded driver in the 6300 block of Spicewood Springs Road, but when first responders reached the vehicle, it was empty.
A house in northwest Austin caught on fire after it was hit by lightning. Another two-story home on Kiefer Court was also on fire, with flames showing through the roof.
Police say a large sinkhole developed on Sierra Blanca in northwest Austin. The road is expected to be shut down for days.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Russia expels 23 UK diplomats in spy spat
- Russia readies to hand Putin new term in presidential vote
- Facebook bans Trump-affiliated data firm Cambridge Analytica
- Russia summons British ambassador over spy poisoning dispute