AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Marching bands from 32 Texas high schools will compete in the Bands of America Regional Championship Saturday.
McNeil High School will host the event, one of the nation's most prominent championships, at the Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex.
"The thousands of students who perform at this championship showcase the results that come from the dedication, teamwork and mastery required and fostered through music and arts education," Eric Martin, President and CEO of Music for All said. The Bands of America Championships are a program created by Music for All to support a well-rounded education for students.
The competing bands will be evaluated by a panel of nationally recognized music teachers and marching band experts throughout the day, with the top scoring 10 teams advancing to the finals in the evening.
Preliminary rounds begin at 7:15 a.m. and continue through 5 p.m. Finals will follow at 7:45 p.m.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Paramedics called to Austin bomber's home 10 hours before he died
- Wayne Huizenga, who went from trash to billions, dies at 80
- At least 1 killed in French supermarket hostage-taking
- The Latest: Eiffel Tower to go dark for 3 attack victims