AUSTIN (KXAN) - Our partners at Free Fun in Austin have a list of the top 5 free events in Austin this week.
1. Artificial Intelligence Open House - Monday, January 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) will be holding a public open house as part of their annual research conference. The public is invited to come and see a small sample of the latest work in Artificial Intelligence, including robotics, game-playing programs, and much more. FREE but RSVP is requested here. Hyatt Regency, 208 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
2. Night Crafters (18+) - Monday, January 26 from 6-7:30 p.m. Are you a knitter? Do you wish you were a knitter? Then this program is for you. Expert crafters will teach you how to cast-on, knit, and perl. Knitting needles (size 7) and beautiful yarn will be provided. Feel free to bring your own if you want. Adults only, please. FREE! APL - Faulk Central Library, 800 Guadalupe St, Austin.
3. CPC Thursday Noonday Concert - Thursday, January 29 at Noon. Take a 30-minute lunchtime break to hear a FREE concert by the Texas State Trombone Choir. Central Presbyterian Church, 200 E 8th St, Austin.
4. Picasso at the Lapin Agile (18+) - Thursday, January 29 and Friday, January 30 at 8:00 p.m. Present Company will absurdly bend the space-time continuum and invite you to ponder the definition of creativity, the surreal nature of existence, and the meaning of life (no big deal), while challenging you to not wet your pants from sheer joy and laughter, during their performance of Steve Martin's Picasso at the Lapin Agile. They will also attempt to cross-pollinate, diversify, and strengthen the bonds within Austin's arts communities by featuring live music and an exhibit of local painters, curated for the event. FREE, with a suggested $25 donation to support the artists that make this possible. Museum of Human Achievement, address will be revealed after you RSVP here.
5. MezcladaGirl Opening Reception - Friday, January 30 at 6:00 p.m. MezcladaGirl is a photography exhibit generated in Latinitas' 12 after-school programs and teen workshops focused on empowering Latina girls and teens using media and technology. MezcladaGirl represents the diversity of what it is to be Latina in Austin. Enjoy hot chocolate, snacks, and insight into the lens of Latinas and other girls of color in Austin. Childcare provided. FREE! Women's Community Center of Central Texas, 1704 San Antonio St, Austin.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Curry returns, then injures left knee as Warriors beat Hawks
- French hero officer who swapped himself for hostage dies
- Beard, Texas Tech oust Purdue 78-65 in NCAA East Region
- Joint Chiefs chair sees signs of progress in Afghan war