AUSTIN (KXAN) - An Austin-bound shipment of an illegal synthetic cannabinoid from China was intercepted, according to police.
The two parcels each had a little more than one kilogram of K2 powder inside and were discovered in a controlled delivery sting. Keith Nunley, 51, was identified as a suspect and the U.S. Marshals have him in custody.
"The seizure of this undiluted powder represents numerous kilograms of finished synthetic cannabinoid (K2) product," the Austin Police Department wrote in a release.
The U.S. Postal Inspector, Drug Enforcement Agency Tactical Division Squad and Homeland Security all worked on the case.
Have a comment? Leave it in the post below:
KXAN Partners with American Heart...
Man stabbed multiple times in east...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fires crews save buildings from brush fire near Leander
- Red pickup sought in gas spill in Williamson County
- High heat and humidity all week
- Trailer fire devastates two Austin rowing clubs