Austin (KXAN) - The Austin Fire Department said the fire that broke out in the Solano Apartments on Sunday afternoon was an accident.
Investigators found a cigarette which they say caught fire to a second floor balcony. The fire then spread into the living area.
"Improperly discarded smoking materials are a leading cause of fires in Austin but are easily preventable," said Buck Palmer of the AFD. "Make sure to dispose of cigarette butts correctly."
Total damages are estimated at more than $300,000. Two other apartments received fire damage and 16 more are without power
No one was injured but six people were displaced by the fire.
The Red Cross is helping the displaced individuals.
UT President Bill Powers may finally learn whether he'll continue to run one of the nation's largest campuses.
Thousands of senior citizens in Central Texas go without holiday gifts. Now a donation drive needs the public's help to collect more and help wrap them.
The judge presiding over the trial to oust District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg ruled Wednesday that she'll stay in office.
Mack Brown’s longtime friend and attorney said Wednesday that the veteran coach of the Longhorns has not yet made a decision on his future, but that it will come soon.
Options for high speed Internet in Austin continue to expand. Google Fiber is coming to Austin soon, and now AT&T has announced the city will be the first for its own faster-than-ever Internet speeds.
As reports swirl about the future of Mack Brown, one thing is certain: Brown has presided over a vast expansion in the value of Longhorns football.