AUSTIN (KXAN) - The City will hand out its Partners in the Arts awards to individuals and organizations that have made a bang in the Cultural Arts Division and local arts community.
The annual award is presented by The City of Austin’s Economic Development Department during the month of October in recognition of National Arts and Humanities Month, known locally as Austin Creates! Month.
Below is a list of 2013 recipients and contributions from The Cultural Arts Division:
- The City of Austin Aviation Department – for their partnership and support in commissioning several new and notable public artworks for the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- The Downtown Austin Alliance – for their leadership and vision for the integration of public art into city streetscapes and support for the commission of artist-designed bike racks on Congress Avenue
- The Downtown Commission – for their leadership of the 20-foot-wide project which activated an underused downtown alley, recognizing the importance of the arts and cultural activities in enhancing the quality of life in Austin
- Jennifer Chenoweth – for her years of service as a member of the Art in Public Places Panel
- Murray Legge – for his years of service as a member of the Art in Public Places Panel
Sub-freezing temperatures and an approaching upper level disturbance could combine to produce some patchy freezing drizzle or sleet Saturday and early Sunday morning.
Investigators are still trying to figure out who murdered an Austin teacher in Benghazi on Thursday.
Back in June, Governor Rick Perry signed a new law officially letting teachers and students use greetings such as "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hannukah" in school, all without getting in any trouble.
The Round Rock-based computer giant, Dell Inc., is offering some workers voluntary buyouts as it seeks to trim costs and boost productivity.
The Austin Humane Society reopened to the public Friday after closing its doors for six weeks.
Sub-freezing temperatures will continue across much of Central Texas all day Saturday. A second disturbance associated with the winter storm that slammed Texas Thursday and Friday could lead to more freezing precipitation Saturday and …