AUSTIN (KXAN) -- The Austin Police Department's "No Refusal" initiative that ran the last two weeks of the year netted 210 DWI arrests.
The initiative ran daily from Dec. 15 to Jan. 2, 2018 from 3 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Out of the 210 DWI arrests, officers asked for 95 blood search warrants. Twenty-one of the people arrested had two or more prior DWI convictions. Three people had children in the car.
During the December holiday No Refusal in 2016, APD arrested 230 people for DWI.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Will GOP accomplishments in Congress be enough for voters?
- Thousands of Croatian far-right supporters march in Zagreb
- Egypt Interior Ministry says explosion in Alexandria kills 1
- Egypt expels British reporter as media crackdown escalates