AUSTIN (KXAN) - Austin Police Department asks for the public's help to identify two suspects who are wanted for five serial robberies in Austin. They have happened at convenience stores and gas stations.
A shotgun was used in each of the robberies, and at the last one, one of the suspects fired it. No one was peppered with the gun spray or injured, police said.
Detectives are concerned that the suspects will escalate their violence if they continue the crime spree.
The suspects are described as:
Suspect No. 1:
- Hispanic male
- Mid-teens to early 20s
- 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall
- possible tattoo between thumb and forefinger on right hand
- last seen wearing a long-sleeved, possibly light green, button-down shirt
- wearing dark-colored or possibly green baseball cap
- black gloves
- black pants
Suspect No. 2:
- Hispanic male
- 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 4 inches
- White bandana or shirt covering his face in the latest incident
- last seen wearing a white T-shirt, purple and yellow (possibly LA Lakers or LSU Tigers)
- baseball cap
- dark-colored pants
- in previous incidents the suspect wore a long, white Dallas Cowboys Jersey of #31 Roy Williams
The robberies took place at:
- Quiz Mart, 3404 S. State Highway 183 -- Oct. 4, 2012
- Bread Basket, 2632 Jones Road, Sept. 7, 2012
- Stop-N-Shop, 4901 S. First St, Sept. 7, 2012 (attempted)
- Shell - Ben White Gas & Beverage, 2250 E. Ben White Blvd. -- Sept. 12, 2012
- Shell -- Stop 71, 8314 W. State Highway 71 -- Sept. 18, 2012
Tuesday night the Austin Parks Department board will vote on a new design for Auditorium Shores that expands a proposed off leash dog park area by one acre. Improvements also include new turf, a sprinkler system, and a regraded main lawn.
An 8-year-old was killed while standing outside of a vehicle which lost control during the icy conditions, DPS said.
Leander ISD is one of the fastest growing school districts in the state. Their latest demographic report shows a shift in the type of families moving into the district.
University of Texas System regents say they're planning to discuss the employment of Austin campus President Bill Powers, who has sparred with lawmakers and critics over his job in recent years.
Two people were robbed at gunpoint at an East Austin apartment complex Monday evening.
Because of her position as Travis County District Attorney, the deputies who arrested, booked, and restrained Rosemary Lehmberg last April admit they were worried her threats were legitimate.