AUSTIN (KXAN) - Medics with Austin-Travis County EMS say a man is dead following a three-car collision Monday morning at the intersection of Cesar Chavez Street and the southbound Interstate 35 frontage road.
A man and a woman have been arrested following the crash, police say. The man has been charged with intoxication manslaughter, while the woman has been charged with DWI.
The victim has been identified by the Austin Police Department as 27-year-old Dean Michael Hood. Two other people are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The wreck happened around 2:25 a.m. According to Austin police, the woman who died was a passenger in one of the three cars involved in the crash, though they did not immediately have her age.
ATCEMS says four people were involved in all. The two people taken to the hospital were a woman in her 20s and man in his 20s. They are being treated at Dell Seton Medical Center. ATCEMS did not release any information about the fourth person, who is not believed to be hurt.
All lanes of Cesar Chavez Street and the exit ramp closed for hours but reopened around 7:15 a.m.
Comment on this story below:
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Residents vent at property tax town hall in east Austin
- Butler, Towns lead T-wolves past Rockets 121-105 in Game 3
- Road to N. Korea's denuclearization is littered with failure
- 60 student teams across Texas get first-hand taste of policing in Round Rock