AUSTIN (KXAN) - While Austin saw more of a light show than anything else, severe storms rumbled through the eastern Hill Country, causing scattered reports of wind damage in Lampasas, Burnet, and western Travis counties.
Wind damage reports included downed trees, barns, and a house under construction. Most of the damage reports were from the Bertram area, where hail covered the ground.
Rainfall totals were very light in the Austin area, but 1-2 inch totals fell in several Hill Country locations. Storms two days in a row dumped 4-5 inches of rain over western Mason County.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Day 2 of Abbott's roundtable to focus on gun regulations, mental health
- Boy recovering after ATV crash and rattlesnake bite
- Field of candidates for Rep. Lamar Smith's seat narrowed down
- 8-year-old girl almost abducted in Williamson County