CALDWELL COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) - A large tank battery fire in rural Caldwell County has been extinguished after a three hour fire fight.
The Caldwell County in a series of social media posts said there were reports of explosions and fire on Farm to Market Road 1322 near Burdette Wells Road early Saturday morning. Caldwell County OEM says the fire was a 4 alarm fire.
While there were no injuries due to this fire, Caldwell County OEM says there were cloud-to-ground lightning strikes in the area at the time of the fire.
To battle the blaze, Caldwell County ESD 4 was assisted by Luling Fire Department, Maxwell Fire Department, Chisholm Trail Fire Rescue, Caldwell County Sheriff's Office and Caldwell County Office of Emergency Management.
Fire officials will return to investigate the area during daylight.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- City moves to protect homeowners from predatory home flipping
- No, Johnny, no: Browns sure top pick Mayfield is no Manziel
- Korean summit starts with a handshake, after year of tension
- Explosive device in package found with note outside Beaumont Starbucks