WCMH Staff - QUEENSLAND, Australia (WCMH) - A woman being moved to palliative care was given a final wish by the ambulance crew taking care of her.
According to the Queensland Ambulance Service, in Australia, an ambulance crew was taking a woman to palliative care unit at a local hospital, when the woman said she wished she could see the beach one last time.
The crew decided to grant the woman her wish and took her to the beach at Hervey Bay, where "…tears were shed and the patient felt very happy," according to the post.
"Sometimes it is not the drugs/training/skills - sometimes all you need is empathy to make a difference," the post said. It's since gone viral and been shared tens of thousands of times.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- UK watchdog assessing evidence from Cambridge Analytica raid
- Egypt deports British reporter as media crackdown escalates
- Organizers hope to draw half a million to gun control rally
- Bumgarner breaks hand when hit by line drive, needs surgery