AUSTIN (KXAN) - Pediatrician Beth Nauert with The Austin Diagnostic Clinic was in KXAN's studios on Saturday morning to talk about the importance of infant immunizations.
Many parents fear that infant immunizations are tied to autism. According to our interview:
- Childhood vaccines help prevent 14 diseases
- Some vaccines require booster shots
- Children are 35 times more likely to get measles if they are not vaccinated
- Without vaccines, the diseases they help prevent will return
- Over 90 percent of U.S. children had measles prior to widespread vaccinations
(Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, a light band of freezing drizzle traversed the I-35 corridor eastward. With sub-freezing temperatures, even the light precipitation created major problems.
A 10-year-old was killed while standing outside a vehicle after the child's family was involved in a fender bender, DPS said.
Austin Police confirm they have located an 82-year-old women who went missing last night.
APD is responding to a 25 vehicle accident near the 5400 block of Ed Bluestein near Thurgood Ave.
A man is dead after being hit by several vehicles in the eastbound lane of Highway 71 Saturday night.
A representative at the Fayette County Sheriff's office said that Fayette County is effectively shut down due to icy conditions.