Dave Byknish - AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Austin firefighters discovered faulty wiring on a computer caused a fire inside an office at One Highland Center Sunday morning.
AFD got the call around 9:15 a.m. due to light smoke on the first floor of the five-story office building at 314 East Highland Drive.
Crews quickly knocked the fire down but were worried the fire had spread. Luckily for them, that was not the case as the fire was kept in the office due to the working sprinkler system.
Investigators determined a computer shorted and estimated damages at $5,000 to the contents and $50,000 to the structure.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Afghanistan: Sticky bomb blast in Kabul kills 1, wounds 13
- Organizers hope to draw half a million to gun control rally
- Russia says IS-linked militant killed by police in Dagestan
- Eiffel Tower protest: Marchers back more US gun control