TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — A woman walking through a Wells Branch area apartment complex was sexually assaulted, stabbed and robbed by a man early Saturday morning.
The Travis County Sheriff's Office says the woman was walking through the Churchill Crossing apartment complex at 14100 Thermal Dr., just south of Wells Branch Parkway, at 4:30 a.m. on June 9 when the attack happened.
Deputies say the suspect, described by TCSO as a black man around 30 years old with a light complexion, asked the woman for money then pulled her into a secluded area where the attack happened.
He stole her cellphone and then ran from the area on foot. Deputies say the woman is currently in the hospital in good condition.
The suspect is believed to be 5-foot-6, medium build with straight hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, blue jeans and brown jacket. The woman told investigators he smelled of alcohol.
A previous person of interest in the attack has been ruled out as a suspect, TCSO said. The sheriff's office is warning the public that the suspect is still at large.
Anyone with information on the suspect or the attack may call the tip line at 512-854-1444.
Police send out warning after car burgla
FBI agent who dropped gun while dancing
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fallout from the controversy at the border
- Unseasonable heat and high humidity persists Sunday
- Fit Foodie 5K gives runners a bite every mile
- Demand up for senior living across Central Texas