LEANDER (KXAN) -- Police in Leander have charged 18-year-old David Arredondo with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl he met on Instagram. According to court documents, the girl invited Arredondo to her home to watch movies and instructed him to park his car down the street. However, she reported to police Arredondo started to have sex with her against her will.
A struggle ensued between Arredondo and the girl's father after he walked in to find his daughter being assaulted, according to police.
Although Arredondo was able to get away, detectives said he would later return while they were still on the scene.
"I do not know what he was thinking, but he came back to recover his vehicle," said Sergeant Anthony Mayberry. "The detective spoke to him and he admitted to being in the house. At that point he asked to have a lawyer present."
Arredondo's phone was seized as evidence and the arrest warrant said he lied about his age to the victim, saying he was 16.
'Like two grenades went off': Witness...
Bombing suspect dead, I-35 south closed
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Latest: Nigeria says 101 of 110 abducted girls are freed
- The Latest: Austin mayor warns residents to remain vigilant
- The Latest: Cambridge Analytica sought work in Romania
- The Latest: Rescuers, monitor say strike kills 13 in Syria