FAYETTE COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) -- A deputy in Fayette County got into a crash after swerving to avoid a wrong-way driver on Monday afternoon.
At 3:30 p.m., the Fayette County Sheriffs Office received a 911 call for a report of reckless driver traveling westbound on Highway 71 near Airport Road. While deputies were trying to find the driver, the driver in question hit the center median and went airborne into oncoming traffic in the eastbound lane of Highway 71.
A deputy traveling in the eastbound lane ended up colliding with another passenger vehicle to avoid a head-on collision with the airborne truck. No one was injured in the crash.
The driver of the truck, 46-year-old Christopher Nunnallee, of Houston, was arrested and charged with reckless driving.
San Marcos man arrested, accused of...
SKETCH: Suspect followed Vietnam vet fro
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- In reversal, Trump orders halt to his family separation rule
- REPLACED: Billboard telling liberals to leave Texas taken down
- Suspect in deadly Kyle hit-and-run arrested; vehicle still missing
- SKETCH: Suspect followed Vietnam vet from bank, beat him and stole $500