Associated Press - ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Law officers serving a warrant in a North Texas theft investigation have found a marijuana-growing pit under a backyard patio deck.
Solar panels were part of the operation discovered Tuesday by Texas Department of Public Safety special agents who arrested two suspects.
A search of the house, as part of the original cargo theft investigation, led to about 100 marijuana plants located in a pit under the deck.
DPS Sgt. Lonny Haschel says the hole is about 9 feet deep. Arlington firefighters helped shore up the 14-foot-wide pit to make sure it did not collapse.
The suspects were detained on theft charges. Officers confiscated a number a boxes from the residence.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- The Latest: More than 1,100 escape Vietnam fire
- Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true _ until it was
- Peru's congress ready to replace scandal-tainted president