CEDAR PARK, Texas (KXAN) - Because of continuing low lake levels, Cedar Park will go to Stage 3 watering restrictions on Aug. 1. This means outdoor watering is allowed only one day a week, according to assigned mandatory watering schedules,
Cedar Park officials said the city is taking the action to extend its water supply and to get people into the habit of watering one day a week.
Here's the schedule that takes effect Aug. 1:
- Residents east of Lakeline Boulevard: Odd addresses water on Saturday; even addresses water on Sunday; the permitted hours to water remain the same - before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Residents west of Lakeline Boulevard and in the Blockhouse subdivision: Odd addresses water on Wednesday; even addresses water on Thursday; the permitted hours to water remain the same - before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Businesses east of Lakeline Boulevard: Friday, before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Businesses west of Lakeline: Tuesday, before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Using a handheld hose equipped with a positive pistol grip nozzle or other device that automatically shuts off water flow when the hose is not being used, or handheld buckets is permitted on any day and at any time
- Outdoor watering by drip irrigation or soaker hose is allowed only on designated watering day.
Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg heads to court this week as a defendant in a civil trial that could oust her from office.
A 55-year-old man died in a single-vehicle crash just after midnight Monday morning near Lakeway.
More than 100 trees covered in lights now shine bright throughout Zilker Park. The Trail of Lights is open for another season.
A 10-year-old was killed while standing outside of a vehicle which lost control during the icy conditions, DPS said.
Travis County non-profit Center for Child Protection will benefit next March from an all day fundraiser at the Circuit of the Americas that will see plenty of donors racing on the track.
Late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, a light band of freezing drizzle traversed the I-35 corridor eastward. With sub-freezing temperatures, even the light precipitation created major problems.