BASTROP, Texas (KXAN) - Here is helpful information about the fires in Bastrop County:
IS IT UNDER CONTROL?
- Larger fire is 30 percent contained
- The larger fire -- Bastrop Complex fire -- has burned 34,000 acres and destroyed 1,386 homes. 11 have been damaged.
- The smaller fire -- Union Chapel fire -- has burned about 800 acres of land and destroyed 28 homes. 150 homes are threatened. 200 people have been evacuated. It is 90 percent contained.
- All residences east of State Highway 95 in the the city of Bastrop -- this includes Pine Point Apts, Lodge of Lost Pines Apts, Tahitian Village, Days Inn, Super 8, Tiger Tote Store, Jasper Street, Lost Pines Drive -- have all been evacuated.
- Walnut Ridge Apartments have not been evacuated.
BASTROP AREA SHELTERS
- Ascension Catholic Church, 905 Water St., Bastrop
- Celebration Community Church, 107 Longhorn St., Bastrop
- Smithville Recreation Center, 106 Gazley St., Smithville
- Elgin Sacred Heart Church, 302 W. 11th St., Elgin
- Bastrop schools are closed the rest of the week.
- Smithville schools are closed the rest of the week.
- County Road 304 south to Watterson Road was closed Monday
- State Highway 21 eastbound between Bastrop and U.S. 290.
- State Highway 71 between Bastrop and Austin was closed.
- State Highways 71was also closed between Bastrop and Smithville.
PETS / LIVESTOCK
- A Facebook page has been set up to help pair owners with lost pets.
- To evacuate animals or if seeing a loose animal, contact the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office at 512-549-5100.
- To donate feed or hay, or if you need feed or hay, contact Rachel Bauer at Bastrop County Agrilife Extension Office at 512-468-7953.
- In Bastrop, officials said the best numbers to call for emergency information are 512-332-8814 or 512-332-8856.
- Texas Department of Emergency Management -- website with wildfire information
Power outages affect more than 4,300 people in the Bluebonnet Electric Co-op service area - click here for the map
Mack Brown's attorney and the university's new athletics director say the Texas coach has not resigned, denying a report that Brown was ready to step down after 16 seasons with the Longhorns.
A large majority of the crowd that poured into Austin City Hall on Tuesday night was disappointed with the Parks and Recreation Department's decision to approve a smaller off leash area at Auditorium Shores.
The top prosecutor in Travis County found herself on the witness stand Tuesday to answer questions about her professional and personal history along with her history of alcohol.
A proposal to build a highway in south Austin is getting mixed reviews from neighbors.
An Austin man has been convicted in a human smuggling case in which a teen says she was forced to wear revealing clothes and sexually assaulted while bound for New Jersey.
An historic early December cold spell is slowly waning, but temperatures will remain well below average for a couple more days.