WCMH - BEAVERTON, OR (WCMH) — Nearly 30 years after "Back to the Future" made everyone want hoverboards and self-tying shoes, we could be getting at least one real version of those items.
According to CNN, Nike showed off the sneakers called "Hyperadapt" for the first time in March, but the company has released even more information.
A Nike spokesperson tweeted that the shoes will be self-lacing, rechargeable and lightweight.
However, they did not release the cost of the shoes, or when they'll be available, but according to "Back to the Future II" Nike is almost a year behind schedule.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Young people give Pope Francis a piece of their mind
- Afghanistan: Sticky bomb blast in Kabul kills 1, wounds 13
- Organizers hope to draw half a million to gun control rally
- Russia says IS-linked militant killed by police in Dagestan