AUSTIN (KXAN)- It's going to be a short work week for many people, but there are several things you can do around town before and after Christmas.
Here's what our partners at Free Fun in Austin recommend.
- Mozart's Annual Light Show - Monday, December 21 - Wednesday, December 23. Starts at 6:00 p.m. each evening and replays at the top of every hour until closing (last show at 11 p.m.). Enjoy dazzling lights set to music. See a video here. No shows on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. FREE! Mozart's Coffee Roasters, 3825 Lake Austin Blvd., Austin.
- Blue Genie Art Bazaar - Monday, December 21 - Wednesday, December 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Thursday, December 24 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Featuring more than 200 Texas artists, the bazaar offers FREE admission and a hassle-free shopping environment. All items featured at the bazaar must be handmade and include paintings, photography, prints, sculptures, jewelry, clothing, glassworks, and more. It is one of the best places to find unique gifts with a local touch. Marchesa Hall, 6226 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin.
- Holiday Model Train Show (Round Rock) - Wednesday, December 23 from 12-5 p.m. The trains are back at ArtSpace! Last year, more than 7,000 people came to the gallery in downtown Round Rock to see the model train show and the exhibition of local artwork. The train display is designed and operated by the Tinplate Trackers. Closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. FREE, but donations will be accepted. ArtSpace, 231 E Main St, Round Rock.
- Lost Pines Christmas River of Lights (Bastrop) - Through January 1. Take in the River of Lights, 120 lighted displays in a variety of seasonal themes lining Bastrop's scenic Colorado River Walk and enhanced by music. To access this one-half mile promenade, come down the stairs west of the intersection of Main and Pine Streets or select the fully accessible entrance at Fisherman's Park on Farm Street. The Bastrop Chamber of Commerce and community organizations and individuals generously provide this traditional treat enjoyed by all ages and by visitors and locals alike. FREE! Fisherman's Park, 1200 Willow St., Bastrop
- The EmilyAnn Theatre & Gardens Trail of Lights (Wimberley) - Through December 29 at 6 p.m. Stroll a walking path with more than 100 lighted exhibits created by local businesses, churches, organizations and families. Roast a marshmallow at the Yule Log and listen to live entertainment on most nights. The trail will be open from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. FREE! Read our review here. Emily Ann Theatre and Gardens, 1101 FM 2325, Wimberley.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Spain wraps up judicial probe into Catalan secession attempt
- Most of over 150 stranded whales die on Australian beach
- Police release videos of fatal shooting of unarmed black man
- California storm forces flood rescues but spares Montecito