Certified image consultant Sola Adelowo shares her tips on wearing and caring for whites in your summer wardrobe.
Sometimes the idea of wearing white clothes can be daunting. Just consider the myriad of questions: Can anyone wear white? How do I keep my whites white? The list goes on.
There is no denying that the summer heat requires the breeziness of white color fashions, so try these suggestions to add a little summery white to your wardrobe. Don't be afraid to wear whites intentionally!
Lets discuss potential options for your closet:
- White Jacket – To direct attention to your top half.
- White Pants or longer Shorts – To direct attention to your bottom half.
- White Suit – This provides a continuous clean line from top to bottom. This style will be slimming on most body types.
Keep Your Whites Bright
- Sort clothing carefully. Wash white clothes separately to prevent color transfer.
- Treat stains immediately. Go for a safer, oxygen-based cleaner (OxiClean, Clorox 2 etc.)
- Launder white garments after every wearing, even if they look clean. Body oils and perspiration can quickly turn a garment yellow.
- Never dry a garment with a stain. It can become permanent.
- Dry white clothing and fabrics outside. The sun really does brighten!
Sola Adelowo is a certified image consultant, a certified Myers-Briggs Personality Type practitioner and the founder of ImageCube, LLC. She understands how to strategically build an image while using your own wardrobe to help demonstrate your unique personality. For more tips and more about Sola, check out ImageCubeLLC.com.
More than 100 trees covered in lights now shine bright throughout Zilker Park. The Trail of Lights is open for another season.
A 10-year-old was killed while standing outside of a vehicle which lost control during the icy conditions, DPS said.
Travis County non-profit Center for Child Protection will benefit next March from an all day fundraiser at the Circuit of the Americas that will see plenty of donors racing on the track.
Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg heads to court this week as a defendant in a civil trial that could oust her from office.
Santa visited Austin early on Sunday, joining hundreds of motorcyclists for their annual Toy Run.
Late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, a light band of freezing drizzle traversed the I-35 corridor eastward. With sub-freezing temperatures, even the light precipitation created major problems.