AUSTIN (KXAN) - After a pilot named Joseph Stack crashed his plane into the Echelon Building in Northwest Austin Thursday morning, some people took to Facebook to defend his sentiment against the IRS - the supposed reason he did this.
"The Philosophy of Joe Stack" was a fan page on Facebook that was taken down right after this report. Within just a few hours after the crash, the fan page had more than 100 fans. Some of the fans wrote their opinions on the wall of the Facebook page. Before the site was pulled, a few quotations were taken off of the page:
- "I agree with Joe...Thank God what he did didn't kill anyone."
- "Sad thing is he will be made to look like homegrown terrorist, when, at worst, was a reaction to mistreatment, and at best, a rallying cry for us to wake up."
- "Will they come after us for being a fan? prob so huh?"
- "Our country needs a revolution, voting for a Democrat or a Republican is not revolutionary, it is big business as usual."
- "The wonderful thing about Mr. Stack and his use of the internet is that no matter how hard the Gov tries to cover up his message it will remain alive. The internet is built for redundancy, only wish I could of saved his site."
- "Joe was right to take action! not as far as to commit suicide, but to take action and to write so much about how f'ed up this government is! i am not a proud american because of all the bs that regular citizens like you and me have to live with because of lies and cover ups and puppetiers in the government. He did something that i just cannot do, ... See Morehe took action against the irs, the reason why i dont take action is because i know i will not turn any heads, but i can only hope that the man i now look up to, might have turned many heads. Way to go Joe!! One more thing. if my country ever asks for my help, i wil not take action FOR my country, but instead, i will jump the border and say screw you!"
- "Joe was one of many, many angry American's that are fed up with being sold out by the whores in Washington that are simply self serving and at the whim of lobbyists. It's a shame he had to take it to that extent he obviously had other issues. His "note" was in many ways a decent assessment of the feelings of so many. VOTE and WORK for the candidate of your choice who can offer SOLUTIONS and not just keep repeating "what's wrong". DUMP the incumbents, they have collectivelly FAILED !"