Hunter, a treeing walker coonhound, is KXAN's Pet of the Week.
Austin police report that Friday night's no-refusal initiative …
The rainy pattern we saw across central Texas on Friday is …
The State Board of Education is scrapping its special panel to …
This Memorial Day weekend, a Marine veteran turned Austin bar …
Updated: Friday, 02 Nov 2012, 9:03 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 02 Nov 2012, 9:02 AM CDT
TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) - The Austin Fire Department is evacuating rooms at a senior living center in Northwest Austin surrounding a suicide Friday morning, which had officials concerned about chemicals in the area.
Travis County Sheriff's Office spokesman Roger Wade said they are concerned about chemicals the man ingested at the Lodge at Merrilltown Apartments and that they are evacuating rooms around the location of the suicide as a result.
Officials have not said what those chemicals are, but the fire department is being cautious.
The apartment complex at 14745 Merrilltown Drive is a senior living center.
ditor's Note: KXAN News does not typically cover suicides, except when it immediately impacts the larger population as a result.
Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. KXAN is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or off-topic remark or thread. To mark a comment for review by a moderator, click "Report Abuse."