Chef Fer Candil from Paellas Tapas & More joins KXAN News at …
Eating healthy can be tough for some people, especially if …
Mel's Meals joins KXAN News at Noon to walk you through making …
Tasty Thursday brings a fresh, farm-to-table approach from Eden…
Updated: Thursday, 18 Oct 2012, 1:01 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 18 Oct 2012, 1:01 PM CDT
AUSTIN (KXAN) - Austin restaurant Soleil cooks up delicious seafood near Lake Travis.
On Thursday, Chef David Sanchez Burton prepared a pan-seared sea scallops dish for two.
Pan-seared sea scallops over sweet corn risotto and spicy chili coulis
Sweet corn risotto
Spicy chili coulis
1. In sauté pan heat oil up to its smoke point.
2. Season scallops while waiting for oil to heat up.
3. Place scallops in pan carefully, pretty side down.
4. Allow to cook in one place, don’t move around.
5. After about 3 minutes or dark brown camelization occurs, flip scallops
6. 3 minutes on other side.
7. Remove scallops from pan and allow to rest at room temp. until risotto is complete.
1. In another sauté pan, heat oil.
2. saute shallots and garlic.
3. After 30 seconds, saute corn with shallots and garlic
4. After 1 minute add wine.
5. Then add cream corn and stock.
6. Bring to a simmer and then add risotto
7. Once rice has absorbed all the liquid, add a table spoon butter .
8. Season to taste and take risotto off of heat.
9. Add parsley and mix into risotto.
1. Lightly accent plate with Chili sauce.
2. Place Risotto onto middle of plate, dividing into two portions.
3. Place Scallops on top of Risotto
4. Ready to serve.
Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. KXAN is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or off-topic remark or thread. To mark a comment for review by a moderator, click "Report Abuse."